Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki:Contest
The wiki ran a contest starting on 2016-12-15 when the Together for Victory expansion is released, ending on 2016-12-24 at 20:00 CET.
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win. Fixed prizes are also given out to the top three contributors by number of tickets
The three users with the most tickets will each get a discount voucher for the Paradox Web Store. This can be used for any combination of digital goods (limited to at most one copy of each individual product) in a single transaction, but cannot be applied to physical goods:
- 1st place gets a 90% off voucher - Won by Neusaap (450 tickets)
- 2nd place gets a 75% off voucher - Won by Iamnew7 (379 tickets)
- 3rd place gets a 50% off voucher - Won by Gamengervi (192 tickets)
Further winners will be selected using a random number generator. The prizes will be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning is proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained. The top three contributors by number of tickets are also entered in the raffle.
A total of 6 prizes will be raffled off:
- 3 copies of the Crusader Kings II base game (raffled individually) - Won by Uncorked Pear (5 tickets), Heil! (98 tickets), and Neusaap (450 tickets)
- 3 copies of the Hearts of Iron 3 Collection (raffled individually) - Won by Gamengervi (192 tickets), Iamnew7 (379 tickets), and Neusaap (450 tickets)
Rules and guidelines
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out)
- Only edits after the start of the contest count
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- The Paradox Wikis moderator (SolSys) decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards
- Moderators cannot enter the contest, halfops are eligible to enter
- To prevent a conflict of interest, halfops are discouraged from editing the contest page
- Any action on the list undertaken between the release of Together for Victory and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated. Note that when the section is up to date the section versioning should not be removed, but rather set to "1.3". This will make it stop displaying until 1.4 is released.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated. Note that when the infobox is up to date the versioning should not be removed, but rather set to "1.3". This will make it stop displaying until 1.4 is released.
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
||Update the mechanics page to make it look like the EU4 one and then ensure all pages are linked to with an icon and that the versioning information is correct. This page has a bonus +4 tickets for each missing mechanic that is added||4|
||4 for leaders, 4 for national spirit, 4 for elections, 1 for SVersions, doubled to||26|
||8 for page, 2 for screenshots in proper category,||20|
|Army planner||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations||14 for update, 1 for SVersions||30|
|Battle plan||Pre-release|| Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, cleanup, expand with:
||13 for update, 1 for SVersions, 2 for cleanup, 4 for each expansion topic||60|
|Naval warfare||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, expand with naval combat and naval missions, remove link in section title||20 for update, 1 for SVersions, 4 for naval combat, 4 for naval missions, 1 for link fix||60|
|Air warfare||1.0|| Update to 1.3,
|| 3 for update,
|Logistics||1.1||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, expand with a section on convoys||5 for update, 1 for SVersions, 4 for section on convoys||20|
||5 for improved page layout||5|
|Province||1.3||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, add description of each section||9 for update, 1 for Sversions, 2 for descriptions||24|
|| 1 for SVersions,
|Events||~||Update to 1.3, Expand with any missing events files||
|National focus||Pre-release||Update to 1.3 existing NF trees, add missing detail, add new NF trees||5 per updated tree, 10 per missing NF tree (new format preferable)||105|
||12 for page, <s>2 for screenshots in proper category,||12|
|Attrition and accidents||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, add to mechanics page||12 for update, 1 for SVersions, 1 for addition to mechanics||28|
|Civil war||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, add to mechanics page||12 for update, 1 for SVersions, 1 for addition to mechanics||28|
|Naval units||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, add to mechanics page||12 for update, 1 for SVersions, 1 for addition to mechanics||28|
|Warfare||Pre-release||Update to 1.3, Add in SVersions in relevant locations, add to mechanics page, add in short descriptions where they're missing. Expand with information on surrender, unique rules on war goals||28 for update, 1 for SVersions, 1 for addition to mechanics, 4 for surrender, 6 for unique rules||60|
These tasks earn more tickets than would normally be the case.
- Build a navbox for the bottom of important pages and deploy to the pages it links to 10
- Update the User interface page (along with new screen shots and better layout) 60
- Update Beginner's guide and rewrite where needed. Merge content from interface section to User interface page 50
- Describe the new autonomy feature including subject forces 10
- Describe the Land Battle log feature 6
- Add Blitz command to relevant page 6
- Describe configurable garrison 4
- Add continuous focuses 8
- Add in new informations for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and India, 6 each
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as rewrites. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too. Each page is worth a minimum of 5 tickets, longer rewrites are worth more.
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact SolSys about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify SolSys that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating a section remember to also mark the new versioning.
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).
|Sleight of Hand||0.5|