Together for Victory
Together for Victory is the first major expansion for Hearts of Iron IV. It was announced on 2016-11-01 and released on 2016-12-15, along Patch 1.3. It focuses on the British Dominions, adding new events, art, and focus trees for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, and South Africa. The expansion also includes a dynamic autonomy system, a spearhead command for the battle planner, continuous focuses, and a technology sharing system. Together for Victory, along with the following two expansions, is included in Expansion Pass #1.
- New national focus trees and events for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, The Raj (India) and South Africa
- Alternate historical path for each of the Dominions, with options to stay loyal to Great Britain, or forge a new, more independent destiny
- New autonomy system giving subject states degrees of independence from a foreign master
- Changes to Lend-Lease allow you to ask your allies to send you your desperately needed equipment
- A Spearhead battleplan command allowing more control over grand encirclements and punching through enemy lines
- Technology sharing will allow Commonwealth nations to quickly catch up with British assistance
- 19 New 3D models for Commonwealth infantry, planes and equipment, as well as accompanying 2D art
- Includes three new pieces of music by composer Andreas Waldetoft: London in Flames, Operation Compass, and Heroes of El Alamein
- Main article: Patch 1.3
Together for Victory was released along with Patch 1.3, which contained a variety of free features, notably:
- Theaters now indicate number of attacking and defending combats with color for status.
- Can now configure garrison orders.
- Can now edit existing lend lease details.
- Added cosmetic tags for European states that are puppets of Germany, east-European states that are puppets of the Soviet Union, and tags for a number of British colonies (including a former one).
- Added a new type of equipment design company for support units.
- Added Manchukuo to the game.
- Added an achievement viewer.
- Added a music player.
- Added outdated equipment alert.
- Added outdated and new production indicators for production view.
- Added several new generals.
- Enable player to call subjects to war even if the player isn't war leader.
- Buildings can now increase in cost for each level. Forts and naval forts now ramp up in cost the higher the level.
- Interesting countries screen can show more interesting countries with special national focus trees.
- Air attack (from AA battalions) now counteract enemy air superiority effects in combat and for movement.
- Warscore system now uses combats instead of just taking provinces to reward nations.
- Added 12 new achievements.
- Main article: Developer diaries
There were a total of 16 developer diaries released pertaining to Together for Victory and Patch 1.3.
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Future Focus||Focus for 1.3 / upcoming expansion along with general plans for the expansions beyond||2016-09-23|
|2||The Team||Presentation of the current HoI4 team lineup||2016-09-28|
|3||Memory Lane||A look at how some concepts have changed over the HoI series, such as: supply, upgrades, reinforcement and more.||2016-10-05|
|4||Blitz Command and Garrison Orders||Blitz Command coming in the next expansion, garrison orders in the free patch||2016-10-12|
|5||Oh Canada!||Canada and the Commonwealth||2016-10-19|
|6||Ally Down Under||Australia updated in Together for Victory||2016-10-26|
|7||South Africa and Continuous focuses||South Africa and Continuous focuses||2016-11-02|
|8||Autonomy||New levels for subject nations coming in Together for Victory||2016-11-09|
|9||India - Struggle for Independence||A closer look at the changes coming for India in Together for Victory||2016-11-16|
|10||New Zealand & Combat Log||New Zealand focus and tech trees as well as a combat log||2016-11-23|
|11||Together for Audio||Music and Audio in Together for Victory||2016-11-30|
|12||Cosmetic tags, art, gameplay and AI||One week to the release of Together for Victory!||2016-12-07|
|13||TFV AI Update #2||Part 2 of AI bugfixes and updates for TFV||2016-12-09|
|14||TFV AI Update #3||Part 3 of AI bugfixes and updates for TFV||2016-12-12|
|15||TFV AI Update #4||Part 4 of AI bugfixes and updates for TFV||2016-12-14|
|16||Achievements & Patchlog||New Achievements and 1.3 changelog||2016-12-14|
|17||XMAS & Hotfix out!||It's time for holidays! Development diaries will be back again in 2017!||2016-12-21|
|18||Back from Christmas||1.3.2 hotfix patch soon in public beta||2017-01-11|
|19||Squanching them bugs||Planned changes for 1.3.3 and general focus for the 1.4 Oak patch||2017-01-18|
|20||Getting started with modding||Havebeard goes over modding requests and modding tips for beginners||2017-01-25|
|21||1.3.3 Modding Features||More modding features coming||2017-02-01|
|22||Patch 1.3.3 Update #1||Changes done to industry, world tension and capitulation in the upcoming patch||2017-02-08|
|23||Patch 1.3.3 Update #2||Details on QoL improvements, AI update, performance and optimizations done in the coming patch||2017-02-15|
|24||1.3.3 Patch #3||The patch should now be ready for release||2017-02-22|